We are looking for an experienced co-founder with a strong background in business and finance. You have the opportunity to join a start-up at an early stage. You will shape and influence the product that we are about to create, as well as benefit by receiving equity. A past successful start-up would be a major plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be part of the management team where you will influence the overall strategy.
- You will take ownership of key activities in business modeling, business administration and finance planning. We could benefit from key input to sales and HR as well.
- One of your first activities will be to support the closing of seed financing.
We understand that entrepreneurs rarely have a traditional resume. Therefore it is hard to capture specific qualifications. We are equally open to older, experienced candidates as well as driven candidates right out of school, and everything in between.
Having said that, these are the qualities that we are looking for:
- Business-focused: Our team is currently tech-heavy. Therefore, we are specifically looking for a co-founder who has a strong business sense and who is willing to as the right questions to help us understand the big picture.
- Strategic: thinking We identified a specific problem that our solution addresses, but we see a lot of different directions where we could move. We need a co-founder who understands strategy in order to grow the company in the right direction.
- Substance: We talk about certain buzz-words (AI, digital transformation), but we must be able to put these in specific context of real-world problems.
- Hands-on: At least initially, we will do a large part of the work ourselves.
- Values: It probably goes without saying that we believe in the long-term benefits of ethical behavior and expect this from a co-founder as well.
We understand that diversity enriches an organization. Our team of three is currently 100% male, white and middle-aged. We explicitly encourage applications outside this spectrum.
As a co-founder, you will receive equity in the organization, to be negotiated. We apply the standard one-year cliff and four-year vesting.
We are capable of paying you a salary if need be. Note that the two founders are currently not receiving a salary.
We plan on closing a seed round in Summer 2021, after which all founders will receive a salary.
Location & Language
We use English for internal communication. We are located in Düsseldorf, Germany.
We currently do not have a physical office and therefore expect remote work. You should be prepared to travel for face-to-face meetings. However, in the key role as a co-founder, it would be very useful to have you located relatively close by for management workshops.
We are only considering candidates in the same or nearby timezone (± 1 hour).
How to Apply
Please apply via email, we’ll take it from there.
Image Source: PXHere