We are looking for an experienced leader with operations and strategic experience in the B2B enterprise software space to join as a co-founder. You will be instrumental to guide us from the current state (existing MVP, some revenue) to the conclusion of the first founding round.
You will shape and influence the product that we are about to create, as well as benefit by receiving equity. A past successful start-up would be a major plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be part of the founding team where you will influence the overall strategy.
- You will take ownership of key activities in business modeling, business administration and finance planning. We could benefit from key input to sales and HR as well.
- For the first 9 months, our common goal will be to get the company ready for initial fundraising.
We understand that entrepreneurs rarely have a traditional resume. Therefore it is hard to capture specific qualifications. We are equally open to older, experienced candidates as well as driven candidates right out of school, and everything in between.
Having said that, these are the qualities that we are looking for:
- Business-focused: Our team is currently tech-heavy. Therefore, we are specifically looking for a co-founder who has a strong business sense and who is willing to as the right questions to help us understand the big picture.
- Strategic thinking: We identified a specific problem that our solution addresses, but we see a lot of different directions where we could move. We need a co-founder who understands strategy in order to grow the company in the right direction.
- Substance: We talk about certain buzz-words (AI, digital transformation), but we must be able to put these in specific context of real-world problems.
- Hands-on: At least initially, we will do a large part of the work ourselves.
- Values: It probably goes without saying that we believe in the long-term benefits of ethical behavior and expect this from a co-founder as well.
- Location: Especially for the founding team, proximity increases the chances of success. It is not necessary to co-locate, but if you don’t reside in or near Düsseldorf, expect frequent travel.
We understand that diversity enriches an organization. We explicitly encourage applications outside the male/white/middle-aged spectrum.
The main benefit will be a significant amount of equity. How much depends on what you bring to the table, but expect it to be in the 2-digit percentage range. Equity will have a vesting cliff and time-based vesting.
We currently have revenue so we are able to pay a moderate salary in principle.
Location & Language
We use English for internal communication. We are located in Düsseldorf, Germany.
We currently do not have a physical office and therefore expect remote work. You should be prepared to travel for face-to-face meetings. However, in the key role as a co-founder, it would be very useful to have you located relatively close by for management workshops.
How to Apply
Please apply via email, we’ll take it from there.