We are looking for an experienced sales executive with experience in the B2B product development space to join as a co-founder. You will be instrumental in generating revenue and in improving product-market-fit.
You will shape and influence the product and business model that we are about to create, as well as benefit by receiving equity. A past successful start-up would be a major plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will establish, evolve and execute our sales strategy.
- You will oversee existing and future accounts.
- You will be part of the founding team where you will influence other strategic areas like product and marketing.
- As the business grows, you will build up the sales team.
We are not just looking for a head of sales, but someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is willing and interested in building a great company and who wants to transform the market.
Having said that, these are the qualities that we are looking for:
- Proven track-record in value-based B2B sales: You understand that business buyers are looking for value and you know how to conduct value-based selling.
- Understanding of the product development market: Our solution helps customer to manage the development of complex products. Understanding this market is highly desired.
- Hands-on: At least initially, we will do a large part of the work ourselves.
- Values: It probably goes without saying that we believe in the long-term benefits of ethical behavior and expect this from a co-founder as well.
- Location: Especially for the founding team, proximity increases the chances of success. It is not necessary to co-locate, but if you don’t reside in or near Düsseldorf, expect frequent travel.
We understand that diversity enriches an organization. We explicitly encourage applications outside the male/white/middle-aged spectrum.
The main benefit will be a significant amount of equity. How much depends on what you bring to the table, but expect it to be in the 2-digit percentage range. Equity will have a vesting cliff and time-based vesting.
We currently have revenue so we are able to pay a moderate salary in principle. However, being in a sales role, we expect that your compensation will be success-based to a large degree.
Location & Language
We use English for internal communication and are located in Düsseldorf, Germany.
We currently do not have a physical office and therefore expect remote work. You should be prepared to travel for face-to-face meetings. However, in the key role as a co-founder, it would be very useful to have you located relatively close by for management workshops.
How to Apply
Please apply via email, we’ll take it from there.