We are looking for an experienced leader who will oversee our SaaS application, Semiant and build up the technical team. You will shape and influence the product that we are about to create, as well as benefit by receiving equity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evolve the architecture and the tech stack for the application.
- Evolve our operations infrastructure and cloud deployment
- Work with the product owner to evolve the platform with a customer-centric point of view
- Manage our NLP developer.
- Grow and manage the technical team.
- Implement the application in collaboration with the product owner.
- Support the extension of the team by contributing to job descriptions and by interviewing candidates.
- Once we increase the team, break down and delegate tasks as well.
Our Tech Stack
We don’t expect that you know all the technologies that we use. But we expect that you are familiar with similar technologies and that you are willing and capable to translate your experience onto our tech stack. We use:
- Python (for NLP and back end REST services)
- VueJS 3 (for UI and browser extensions)
- Microservice-based architecture
- Docker + Kubernetes + Helm
- OVH for cloud deployment
- Jira, gitHub and Jenkins as the development infrastructure
- At least 5 years of recent experience with the technologies in our tech stack
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full-stack experience.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of our tech stack and business model and provide technical advice wherever necessary.
- Natural Language Procession (NLP) skills are helpful.
- Machine Learning (ML) skills are helpful.
As a co-founder, you will receive equity in the organization, to be negotiated. We apply the standard one-year cliff and four-year vesting.
We are capable of paying you a salary if need be.
We plan on closing a seed round in Winter 2021/22, after which all founders will receive a salary.
What we would like to see
- Examples of your work
- A recent resume
- A written statement why you would like to be part of the team.
Location & Language
We use English for internal communication. We are located in Düsseldorf, Germany.
We currently do not have a physical office and therefore expect remote work. You should be prepared to travel for face-to-face meetings. However, in the key role as a co-founder, it would be very useful to have you located relatively close by for management workshops.
We are only considering candidates in the same or nearby timezone (± 1 hour).