We are looking for an experienced software developer who will take ownership of the NLP-Engine for our SaaS application Semiant.
The core engine that manages the processing pipeline is written in Java/Spring Boot. The processing will be done using microservices using whatever language is appropriate (Java, Python). The web user interface is using vue.js 3.
You will work with our tech lead to align your needs with the overall product architecture.
You have the opportunity to join a start-up at an early stage and to shape and influence the product that we are about to create. We also pride ourselves in following software development best practices. This means that we strive to pass the Joel Test (as far as possible in a remote setting).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the product owner and tech lead to translate the application requirements into a robust NLP engine.
- Perform scientific and market research to ensure that we find the most appropriate technologies for our product
- Write the software code, including unit tests for the NLP engine.
- Meet with customers to better understand the application of the software that you are developing.
- At least 3 years of experience with NLP technologies.
- A master degree in computer science or equivalent. We’re open to Ph.D. candidates as well.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Either English or German fluently.
- At least 3 years of programming experience.
- Experience with Machine Learning frameworks a plus
- Experience with modeling languages (UML, SysML, etc.) a plus
What we would like to see
- A portfolio of relevant work
- A recent resume
- A written statement why you would like to be part of the team.
What you get
For one thing, you get the thrill of joining a start-up super-early in the middle of a pandemic. But seriously, if you have entrepreneurial energy, this is the opportunity to be part of an exciting new venture, to participating in shaping it, contributing your ideas and talent, and, of course, to benefit directly from the company’s success.
Feel free to submit your salary expectation. We are open to discussing equity (stock options). Depending on your background, we are willing to discuss taking you on as a cofounder.
Location & Language
We use English for internal communication. We are located in Düsseldorf, Germany. We currently do not have a physical office and therefore expect remote work. We can provide you with desk in a co-working space.
You should be prepared to travel for face-to-face meetings.
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org