We are looking for an experienced tech lead who will oversee the architecture for our SaaS application, Semiant. You have the opportunity to join a start-up at an early stage and to shape and influence the product that we are about to create.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design the architecture and the tech stack for the application.
- Work with the product owner to ensure that the selected technologies are fit for fulfilling the product requirements.
- Build, document, automate and maintain the DevOps environment, until we hire a dedicated DevOps manager.
- Build and evolve a working environment that acts as a scaffold for the implementation.
- Implement the application in collaboration with the product owner.
- Support the extension of the team by contributing to job descriptions and by interviewing candidates.
- Once we increase the team, break down and delegate tasks as well.
- At least 5 years of recent experience with modern tech stacks for web- based application development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of best practices for designing, building, and maintaining cloud-hosted web applications.
- Full-stack experience. We are likely to deploy on the Google Cloud with a server built on Spring Boot and the initial web client based on React and Bootstrap.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of our tech stack and business model and provide technical advice wherever necessary.
- Natural Language Procession (NLP) skills are helpful.
- Machine Learning (ML) skills are helpful.
What we would like to see
- Examples of your work
- A recent resume
- A written statement why you would like to be part of the team.
Location & Language
We use English for internal communication. We are located in Düsseldorf, Germany. We currently do not have a physical office and therefore expect remote work. You should be prepared to travel for face-to-face meetings.